- What I Should Write About?
- I Was Detained Today
- Sunday is a Great Day for Unmitigated Bargaining
- The Laughing Monkey Girl
- Can I Take These Now and Pay Later?
- Quote #11020: What flavor is That? Red.
- The Petition Bitch
- Today Is Stupid Day
- The Band-Aid Bandit
- Exigent Circumstances
- Hector’s Stupid Email
- Postage Is (Not) 46 Cents!
- Let It Go For 9 Cents
- Quote #20805: Stupid Story About Scantrons
- Quote #20824: The Scary Bald Man Confrontation
- Quote #21137
- Quote #22149
- Quote #22150
- Quote #22151: Where’s the Bathroom?
- Quote #22152
- Quote #22153: Lola’s Forgotten Present
- Quote #22154: Internet Access Thing — Not Available in Arizona
- The Not So Returned Rental Book
- Quote #22574: The Crazy Shirt Story
- The Sour Lemon Lady
This happened a long time ago, circa 2006 or 2007.
Cashier: What’s the return policy on books?
davepoobond: No returns.
Cashier: What if he just bought it?
davepoobond: I don’t know, you’d have to ask a book manager.
Scary Bald Man comes over and stares at davepoobond meanly and doesn’t even say anything. davepoobond just looks at him with a blank stare.
Scary Bald Man looks away for a second, in which davepoobond looks at the receptionist at the desk with him with a “what the fuck” look, and the guy looks back, seeing davepoobond looking weirdly at the guy. He resumes to stare davepoobond down for another second. At which point, walking away, he takes a step back towards davepoobond.
Scary Bald Man: I just bought the book, it hasn’t left the store okay?? I just want a refund!
davepoobond (to himself): Sorry, what do you want me to do about it? I can’t approve it.
For the next five minutes, the guy keeps staring at davepoobond until the cashier comes back.
davepoobond walks around uncomfortably.
davepoobond (mumbling to the receptionist): “Why is this guy still staring at me?”
Eventually he is dealt with and leaves the store.