- USA: The Presidential Debates 2004
- Why Study Geometry?
- “Is Our Health On the Line?” Breakdown
- “Katy Perry – Firework” Breakdown
- “List of 10 Things” Breakdown
- “Immigration Interview” Breakdown
- ViSalus Sciences: How Being A Scam Is a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
- “‘An Explanation and Some Reflections’ – by Reed Hastings” Breakdown
- Girls on Dating Sites
- The Asinine Boyfriend Expectations List Breakdown
- YouSendIt Becomes Hightail
- “Prismacolor Verithin Colored Pencils” Breakdown
These are ridiculous reasons why you should study geometry according to Carolina Mathmatic in Burlington, North Carolina 27215.
This poster was in Dr. OldNBald’s room, and pisses me off so much, that I had to copy it all and have my responses to each one of them.
There’s a buncha cartoons saying this crap (they were in no really particular order, they’re mixed up all around on the poster):
1. A guy spinning around in a tornado: It helps me track the paths of storms
davepoobond’s response: Well, it looks like you’re keeping track of the storms pretty well already, since you’re getting caught up in them, you stupid bastard. Why don’t you get a life?
2. A skleton: It helps me understand X-Ray diffraction patterns
davepoobond’s response: good job fag. Most people in the world don’t need to know how an X-Ray works. But I guess because you’re a skeleton, its useful to you.
3. A stupid annoying girl: I learned what it means to get my teacher off on a tangent!
davepoobond’s response: by sucking her dick?
4. A kid with a large piece of paper: I heard paper folding activities are fun!
davepoobond’s response: is that all you can think of? Thinking of paper folding activities? WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO DO A PAPER FOLDING ACTIVITY WHEN THEY CAN DO SOMETHING EXTREMELY MORE SENSIBLE? And who the fuck would say “hey, paper folding activities are fun” anyway?
5. 2 aliens in a UFO: We use it for interplanetary travel
davepoobond’s response: you heard it here folks, aliens are confirmed by the government. They screwed themselves up the ass when they issued this poster. Now we KNOW the government is lying to us.
6. A scientist holding up a model of a molecule: I need it to understand bond angles
davepoobond’s response: oh. You do, do you. Don’t we already have something called a computer that can tell you everything about a bond angle already?
7. A city road worker by his green semi truck that says “city roads” on it: I need to know how much salt is in that conical pile for spreading in case it snows tonight. (there’s two big “conical” piles of salt in front of him)
davepoobond’s response: what good will that do you, you stupid fuck? You either have enough or you don’t! Its trial and error. If you don’t have enough, go back and get some more, God dammit! You don’t need to find out how much fucking salt is in a conical pile, just use it.
8. An Eagle: It’s OUTTA SIGHT
davepoobond’s response: what kind of reason is this? You’re gay. Stupid eagle.
9. A $ dollar bill, and the guy on it is saying: New Math Means More Money!
davepoobond’s response: New Math also means More Counterfeiting
10. A painter in front of a castle: I need to estimate how much paint I’ll need for this castle.
davepoobond’s response: IT’S A FUCKING CASTLE! CASTLES DON’T NEED TO BE PAINTED!
11. A black kid: it’ll help me raise my SAT scores
davepoobond’s response: this is one reason I agree with. This is the only sane reason out of all these other reasons. Why can’t they think of more good reasons, so that I don’t have to be angry at people who make stupid shit like this?
12. A fireman putting water on a burning house: how long will the water in the tanker last?
davepoobond’s response: duhhh…I don’t know….maybe that’s why you use the fire tanker’s water until there’s no more water, and then go get some more. There is no math involved in that. There’s probably more math involved in driving to a fire hydrant.
13. A black kid with a light blue baseball cap and a dog: Sparky needed a cool new doghouse (the dog house all made out of triangles and looks like crap. No dog would want to live in it)
davepoobond’s response: Get a life! Just buy your dog a doghouse and call it a done deal. The dog won’t know the goddamn difference
14. A butterfly: So I can appreciate bilateral symmetry
davepoobond’s response: Why do you have to call it bilateral symmetry? Just call it symmetrical sides with one line down the middle. No one gives a shit when you call it bilateral symmetry. And no one really even cares to APPRECIATE something as insignificant as bilateral symmetry. Wow its bilaterally symmetrical. I can sure appreciate that shit.
15. A stupid little girl: It’s AWESOME!
davepoobond’s response: you’re wrong. ITS NOT!
16. A snowman: It helps me appreciate the beauty of nature
davepoobond’s response: how? So you can melt when the sun comes up the next day? Nice job jackass, you thought that through.
17. A girl playing miniature golf: That’s why I’m so good at miniature golf!
davepoobond’s response: That’s why you’re good at sucking cock too, I suppose. You used supplementary angles to know where to put the cock in your mouth. It’s the same principle with golf. Just fucking shoot the goddamn ball into the goddamn hole.
18. A black baseball player with a ball being thrown up in the air: Just keepin’ my options open
davepoobond’s response: to do WHAT? So you can know how to throw a fucking ball? PLEASE…
19. A builder: I’m a builder. I have to read blueprints
davepoobond’s response: and you use geometry HOW, to read a blueprint? Its not that hard…you just read it.
20. A person making a quilt: I like to make quilts
davepoobond’s response: people have made quilts for generations without geometry. I’m sure you can live without it.
21. A submarine, you’re supposed to assume someone is saying: I want to keep my boat out of the mud!
davepoobond’s response: then stay off the ground
22. An Eskimo: I’m designing my own house (holding up a blueprint of an igloo)
davepoobond’s response: YOU DON’T NEED TO KNOW GEOMETRY TO BUILD A FUCKING IGLOO! NOR DO YOU NEED A FUCKING BLUEPRINT FOR ONE! ESKIMOS HAVE MADE IGLOOS FOR CENTURIES WITHOUT HAVING TO STUDY GEOMETRY OR MAKE BLUEPRINTS! ARRRGHHH…..!!!
23. An old woman, possibly a plumber: How much pipe will I need to plumb a new bathroom?
davepoobond’s response: well, why don’t you hire a PROFESSIONAL, because you definitely don’t seem to be one.
24. Sherlock Holmes: It’s elementary, my dear Watson. …and Junior high and high school
davepoobond’s response: what the hell? Is that supposed to be funny?
25. A boy filling up water balloons: anybody remember the formula for the volume of a sphere?
davepoobond’s response: yeah I do. Its called fill it up until you think there’s enough water in the balloon, before it breaks open and spills all over yourself.
26. A black woman playing pool: so I can figure out bank shots
davepoobond’s response: You don’t need to know geometry for that. You need to take a pool class for that, and you won’t need to know useless crap you won’t use.
27. A guy at a computer: I’m designing a new CAD-CAM program
davepoobond’s response: I’m sure that there’s plenty of good programming programs that can do that for you. Or better ones that you can never make
28. A black optometrist: I need to understand how a lens bends light
davepoobond’s response: Why? Optometrists prescribe lenses to us, they don’t need to know how light bends. They are not the ones inventing the lenses to give to us. They are the doctors who don’t do much but find out what your vision is and give you the appropriate lenses for you to wear.
29. A cowboy: I’m a cartoon. I don’t have to!
davepoobond’s response: har har….funnnyyyyy…..not.
30. A sphinx in front of a pyramid: I want to know the volume of my pyramid.
davepoobond’s response: So you can sit there for another half a million years saying that you know the volume of your pyramid? “Hey guys, the volume of my pyramid is 4233492080982345809 square tons. Isn’t that super?”
31. A football player: If Herbie can, so can I!
davepoobond’s response: Is Herbie the little car made by VW that used to be a racing champion? So…a car knows geometry then?
32. A white kid with a finger on his mouth: shhh. I’m building a scale model of a stealth fighter
davepoobond’s response: don’t those usually come with instructions, so you don’t have to figure out all the places things go? Which means geometry usage equals 0
33. Kid: I WANT TO TESSELATE! Teacher: Do you have a note from home?
davepoobond’s response: wow. These guy crack me up. This is by far the most annoying out of all these, because this one is a big picture in the middle of the poster. And tessellating isn’t even fun.
34. A farmer with a cow: I need to know how much fertilizer to buy for 211 acres!
davepoobond’s response: you don’t need to buy any, because you have fucking cows.
35. A scientist holding up a ball with antenna coming out of it – supposedly a satellite: I want to use this satellite to map the earth
davepoobond’s response: newsflash! We already did it! HELLOOOOO???
36. A starfish: So I can appreciate radial symmetry
davepoobond’s response: ooooh I’m a starfish and I want to know all about radial symmetry….what the hell?
37. A captain with a world raised in his hand: We’ll be sailing along the great circle route
davepoobond’s response: there is no circle route! And even if there was, there would be no way in hell that you could make an exact circle
38. A person with a map: I need to find my way from point “A” to point “B”
davepoobond’s response: Here’s a clue: follow the map, the roads show you where to go, you don’t need geometry for that! You don’t even need SCHOOL for that
39. A scientist looking in a microscope: whoa!
davepoobond’s response: what? Did you see your penis?
40. A builder: I want to build the most modern buildings! (its just a triangle and its through a circle, just floating in mid air)
davepoobond’s response: oh you do, do you. Well, then build a GOOD building, not crappy buildings no one can use. Those are usually tall and rectangular.
41: Architect: I’m marking off the lots in a new housing development
davepoobond’s response: super. That sure makes me want to study geometry. In the rare instance that I may become an architect and mark off lots in a new housing development, I’ll be glad I took that geometry class
42. A muscle man trying to pull apart a triangle: I want to find out why triangles have such strength!
davepoobond’s response: that’s just the thing: triangles don’t have any more strength than anything else. You’re just weak! And the fucking triangle is made out of metal….
43. A guy with a rake: I have to figure out how many boxwoods to plan around a circular driveway with a 30-foot radius
davepoobond’s response: you need to figure out how to die first
44. A fisherman with a huge ass fish: I studied stream flow and insect hatch patterns and finally caught “Old Gill”
davepoobond’s response: what the hell? NO fisherman in the WORLD does this. And this is more biology/ecology than geometry
45. A head: My English teacher was impressed when I started using words like “conversely” “congruent” and “counter-example”
davepoobond’s response: well, why don’t you conversely get a congruent life so I can counter-example it with my machete. Yeah that was bad.
46. A trapezist: I need to find the area of a trapeez-oid
davepoobond’s response: oh har har har….TRAPAZOID….TRAPEZIST…they’re so much alike…
47. A pilot in a plane: I can’t afford to lose my bearings
davepoobond’s response: you can’t afford to lose your pilot’s liscense either, which you just did. So die.
48. A girl: IT’S EVERYWHERE! IT’S EVERYWHERE!
davepoobond’s response: oh…air is everywhere too. Do I need to study air? No, I just breathe it in and not care about it.
49. A guy: I’m into wheel covers
davepoobond’s response: WHEEL COVERS? You like to cover your wheels? WHAT THE HELL!
50. A general: it helps me get around the pentagon
davepoobond’s response: wow that’s funny. So I guess geometry helps you move your legs, and helps your arm open a door.
51. A white girl on the phone: you can help boys with their homework; and boys can help you with yours!
davepoobond’s response: this is just a hypothesis, depending on if the boys would actually want to help you with your homework. If you don’t study geometry why wouldn’t they help you with your homework anyway? Stooopid
In conclusion, after 51 stupid reasons to study geometry and 51 glorious responses to them that countered the “reason” to study geometry, only 1 out of 51 was actually a good reason. And even for that, who cares after you do take the SAT? no one. Now go study geometry, kiddies. Cause aliens can fly through space with geometry, and people can make their dog’s houses really geometry-like.